Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, July 4, 2010

36: 10 in 10 Challenge Results

10 in 10

I participated in the Shabby Chic Cottage’s 10 in 10 Challenge this week, and here are my results!  If you need a refresher, here are the jobs I hoped to complete:

1. Clean off/out master bathroom countertop and cabinet

2. Organize shoe/makeup/jewellery area in closet

3. Organize bedroom bookshelf

4. Organize pantry/laundry room

5. Decide on and implement system for organizing DVDs

6. Clean out car in preparation for carseat/stroller

7.  Go through non-maternity clothing and give away anything that won’t be going back in closet

8. Refinish patio furniture

9. Plant patio boxes

10. Create inserts for baby’s first year album

 

I ended up finishing 6.5 out of the 10 jobs.  Not bad for working full time and being 8 months pregnant!  I’m hoping to have the rest of the jobs finished by the end of this week, but for the purposes of this challenge I’m getting a DNF.  It’s nice to get some stuff done around the house though!  I’ve been feeling a bit unmotivated and unproductive since Craig’s dog came back from his Mom’s as she has some bladder and bowel issues due to her age (the dog not his mom!), and I can’t leave her alone in the living areas if I don’t want to be cleaning up big messes!

Anyways, here’s what I was able to get accomplished!

1. Clean off/out master bathroom countertop and cabinet

bathroom 3
2. Organize shoe/makeup /jewellery area in closet

I actually did most of this one right before I cleaned up our bathroom, however I ended up moving a lot of stuff from the countertop to the shelves and cabinet in my closet, and I didn’t do it in the most orderly fashion, so I’m putting this one down as not finished (and not worthy of photographs) as it still needs some work.


3. Organize bedroom bookshelf

bookshelf
4. Organize pantry/laundry room

I actually did some pantry organizing a little while ago, but I was hoping to make this area a bit more functional and remove some of the ‘floor clutter’.  Not enough time this go around, but it better be done before the baby comes!


5. Decide on and implement system for organizing DVD’s

dvd 2 dvd3

The bookshelf they were on now has room for displaying our books, photos and collectibles so that they’re not collecting dust in our bedroom!

dvd 1
6. Clean out car in preparation for carseat/stroller

Done, sorry no photos. :(  The carseat base is installed though so if we have an early run to the hospital (fingers crossed we don’t!) we’ll be prepared!


7. Go through non-maternity clothing and give away anything that won’t be going back in closet

clothing 2
8. Refinish patio furniture

Not 100% completed.  I got it primed and its first coat of white paint, but it was SOAKING up the paint, so it’s going to need multiple coats I think and it’s been way too hot in the days since for me to be squatting out there breathing in the fumes. :(

Before:

bench

In progress:

bench 2 
9. Plant patio boxes

I wasn’t able to find any good deals on plants around here that weren’t looking half dead and with my ‘black thumb’ they need to be thriving when I get them to have any chance of life in my patio boxes!  (I’m good at growing herbs though!)


10. Create inserts for baby’s first year album

I created some printable inserts (a la YHL) and have decided on the photos to go in the first few pages of her baby book.  Now we just need a baby!  My printer isn’t printing colour yet, so it’ll be a bit before I can get the inserts in the album.

 

This week I’ve got plans for curtains, hospital pre-registration, and a few sewing projects.  Come back later in the week for updates!

Motherhood

3 comments:

junebug said...

Great job!! I was so excited to see your patio furniture because it is exactly the same piece my grandparents owned. It made me nostalgic. :-) Now I have to start scouring garage sales because I want one.

Kelly @ PatchworkAndPaperPiecing said...

Great job on getting so much done! I love what you did with the DVDs, such a great idea! And my parents had that same patio furniture, my sister has it now. It lasts forever!

Lucy Marie said...

I think you did pretty good, girl!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails