Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 3, 2011

i want, i want, i want!

I would consider myself a logical person.  I research the heck out of things before taking the plunge so that I can get the best deal, and own practically a shelf (many gifted) of pregnancy and parenting books, just so I can be prepared.

The past few months though, I have been getting increasingly annoyed at our small condo.  All of the extra stuff that comes along with having a baby has got me feeling crowded in this 790 sq ft love nest we bought when we got married.  Needless to say, I’ve been spending an inordinate amount of time skimming the MLS for a good deal.

The town where we live is a resort town and often one where the big city folk retire to, so prices can be a bit inflated.  Back when we were getting married, we knew we wanted to purchase a home on Craig’s income alone, and had a specific amount we wanted to pay per month.  In essence we were trying to maximize how much equity we had built up by the time we were ready to upgrade (i.e. less mortgage amount with same payment and interest amount means more in principle being paid down each month). 

Now, 2.5 years later, we have $26,000 in equity in our small, $130,000 condo (part of which is due to purchasing it as an estate sale for well below value). 

I’m ready to move, we have the money for a down payment, and we’ve found a house we both really like, so what’s holding us back?

Well after Craig is finished his paid leave at the end of February, there is no guarantee that he has a job to go back to where he was working before.  He’s currently exploring other job possibilities to fall back on, so I’m not overly concerned, but it does throw a BIG wrench in my moving dreams when there’s not a 100% guarantee that his income will be reliable.

What can I say, I’m a logical girl. But still, I WANT!!

Here’s the house we’ve been drooling over.  It’s nothing amazing to look at, but it has all of our criteria for a house we can grow in to, and it has loads of potential for renovations and making it our own.

MLS Listing

house 1

It has 4 bedrooms, 4 bathrooms (one of them an ensuite), 2 living spaces, a garage and a nice big backyard.

What would you do?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails