Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, June 7, 2010

64: spring showers

RA shower 9 Our rockin’ car seat and a doggy Halloween costume my mom found!

After church today I attended the first baby shower in honour of our little bundle of joy!  I don’t usually enjoy showers (or birthdays) as I run (fast) from any situations where people’s attention is solely on me, however today was enjoyable as I got to share the spotlight with Craig’s mom. :)

Motherhood 

Since arriving home, I’ve been getting all of the stuff I received sorted, washed, and put away, so I don’t have time for a long post.  I just wanted to get up some photos of the shower as well as the big item everyone pitched in on (and some super cute clothes!).

 

RA shower 1 RA shower 2All of the attendees.  Can you tell which one is my mom? lol. 

 

RA shower 3

 

Craig and I decided to get a Travel Lite playpen/bassinet as our bedside bassinet for the first few months.  We have a pretty small place so we wanted something that wouldn’t take up too much room, and this one has ‘stages’ so that you can drop the bassinet platform down to stage 2 once they start sitting up.  She probably won’t be in our room for that long, but it’s nice to have the option!  The smaller size is also nice because it easily fits through doorways, so I can pull it out to the living room if we’re spending time in there.

 

Here it is prior to being set up at home.  I’m not sure if I’ll actually leave it set up at this point, but for now it’s set up and in it’s place in our room!RA shower 4

  Here it is in all of it’s set up glory.  It also has a canopy with some toys that dangle down, however I didn’t have that up yet.  It’s a pretty simple play pen – no change station or napper, but with such a small house, we’re never too far from her change table anyways!RA shower 5

And finally, here are a couple of the outfits that I got.  I’m so excited for her to fit into those little overalls!

 

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!

 

  Jen

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

How fun! Looks like you got some great gifts.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails