Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, May 10, 2010

91: banana muffins


One of my biggest snacks during pregnancy has been plain yogurt with fruit and some brown sugar on top, but I always end up having left over yogurt after a couple days. I found this recipe a couple months ago and tweaked it to use the plain yogurt instead of sour cream. The Asana yogurt also makes it a great source of calcium for pregnant and nursing women!


Easy Banana Muffins

Ingredients
1 cup all-purpose flour
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup bananas, mashed (approx 3 bananas)
1/4 cup white sugar
1/4 cup plain yogurt
1 egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract


Preheat your oven to 350 degrees (F). Get your muffin cups ready.

Mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt together in a large bowl.


In a separate bowl beat together banana, sugar, egg, and vanilla. Add in yogurt.


Pour banana mixture into flour mixture and mix until just combined.


Scoop into your muffin cups and bake for 15-20 minutes.


Done!

2 comments:

April@The 21st Century Housewife said...

Those sound lovely - I think muffins are one of the nicest breakfasts ever!!

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

Mmm...I love banana's and often will smash a banana up and put it into bran muffin mix. I'm definatly going to try these! I'm also going to try and get some of that yogurt too. I've been really conscience about getting enough calcium but find that it is a little hard at times. P.S. Fruit in yogurt is one of my favorite treats!! I might try a little brown sugar in it next time. Good idea!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails