Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, July 30, 2009

DIY Day


Today is DIY Day at A Soft Place to Land, and I wanted to show an old brass candle holder that I found and repainted to make it something beautiful!

Located nearby us is a store called the Meaford Factory Outlet, and it can be hit and miss as to whether you will find something of decent quality there. While browsing the other day, I stumbled upon a table of clearance items, and most of the table was covered with various brass decor (some becoming quite tarnished). I quickly snatched up 2 brass candlesticks (I'll post those at a later date), and the brass candle holder I'll be showing below.

*Please forgive me as I forgot to take 'before' photos*



After painting it black, I decided that it would look nice with some distressing, so I brushed on some gold paint in a few areas. It looks fantastic on our dining room table and it's simple enough to be dressed for any occasion.

This project turned out so well that I am inspired and encouraged about completing all of my summer projects.

1 comment:

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

How pretty! I love how paint can so simply transform things. I really like the scrollyness of the candle holder too. Great buy and DIY!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails