Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, August 3, 2009

Meal Plan Monday

We've kind of fallen off the bandwagon lately with preplanning our meals for the summer. I blame it on the fact that it's moderately warm outside and barbequing is easy.
It is also because Craig was in the field alot during June/July, and I'm not very good at cooking well balanced meals when its just for me. It's not that I don't eat healthy when he's gone, it's just a lot of salads with meat and fruit, or dipping veggies in PC peanut sauce.

Anyways, Craig is now off until the 25th, so he'll be home most nights unless he's out with friends. The best thing about this situation is that I can use the crock pot for those recipes that go on high for 4 hours, which I can't normally do when I'm away at work for 9 hours a day. It also means I can try my luck at having him cook dinner some nights if I've prepped all of the ingredients for him ahead of time, or heavily weighted it towards the BBQ.

Tuesday:
Lime-Marinated Shrimp Kabobs
Vegetarian Dirty Rice

Wednesday:
Dijon Chicken
Steamed Broccoli

Thursday:
Pasta with Marinara Sauce - We're having friends over and they have little ones.

Friday:
Grilled Cajun Chicken
Strawberry Spinach Salad

Saturday:
Away

Sunday:
Tacos


Check out more menus here.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails