Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, August 15, 2011

ch-ch-ch-changes

Around these parts, we’ve got lots of new things happening, and I’ve been bad about updating the blog with what’s going on.

For the past 2 months or so, we’ve been working on getting our condo ready to go on the market as we’re feeling ready to upgrade into something bigger.  Two bedrooms is all fine and dandy for our small family of three, but with almost no storage beyond average sized closets for our clothes, a really small kitchen and sharing 2 walls and the ceiling with neighbours, we’re ready to stretch out a little bit in our own space.

Craig and I have been going over the budget lately and have decided that while we will have no problems carrying a bigger mortgage on his income alone, it wouldn’t leave much room for saving for vacations, upgrades to the home, and other fun stuff like that.  With that in mind, I’ve started looking for something part time that will bring in a little money every month and we have some prospects both around town and online that we’re excited about.

I’m a little apprehensive about Emily starting daycare a couple of days a week (if needed), but I also know that more socialization with kids her own age and older can only be beneficial.  As long as I’m not paying someone else to practically raise my kid, you know?

Anyways, all this to say, job hunting (and job keeping) have been on my mind a lot lately and I wanted to share some of my experiences in making yourself an indispensible employee.

Starting tomorrow!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails