Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, July 22, 2011

pinnable me: birthday bits

I’ve been drooling over images on Pinterest lately (like everyone else in the blogosphere) and wanted to post a couple of my favourites when I saw that Stef at Paw Prints & Pastry Bags has a weekly feature.

With Emily’s birthday coming up next month, I’ve been in denial slowly accumulating ideas and starting to buy what I need to cook and diy a great day for our girl, so my pins today are all ideas I’ve seen that I’m hoping to implement.

Don’t these cupcake liner flowers look cute?  And hopefully easy?!?!

Craig and I both grew up having strawberry shortcake for our birthday cakes (maybe it has something to do with both being born in July?), so we want to continue the tradition for Emily.  I’m loving the idea of these Mason Jar Cupcakes, but I might change it a little to make it a layered shortcake.  Yum!

I decided quite a while ago that I wanted Emily in a pettiskirt for her birthday.  Or at least for the pictures!  I’ll let you in on my vision SOON!

I also want to somehow display my favourite of her first year photos, and I’m undecided about which of the following two options (or heck, I may throw another couple options in down the road!) I like better.  Photos arranged on a wall in the shape of a number, or photos strung in a frame

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The first I would do in the shape of a 1 (obviously), and I would use colour photos for the majority.  The second option, I would use a nice white frame and cute (polka dot?) ribbon covered clothes pegs to hang the photos.  Again, in colour.  Which idea do you like better?

Lastly, I thought these cake pops were so adorable, although I’m thinking this one will take a big time investment!

Watermelon cake pops anyone?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails