Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

69: green cleaning

I had some photos to share with you of my poor lilacs that have seen better days, but I can’t find my card reader anywhere.  I think I’m going to start putting some grocery money aside each week so I can buy some fresh cut flowers (or cut it from random fields on my way home from work if I’m that lucky).  I have loved the smell of the fresh flowers when I first walk in the door each night.

Motherhood

I’ve written before about some of the cleaning products and tools that I use around the house and I am always interested in learning new ways to use my favourite, every day items for cleaning.  I was reading today in the Debt Proof Living newsletter and it had a listing of “20 Surprising Uses for White Vinegar”; I wanted to share some of the great ideas it had with you!

  • Spray white distilled vinegar on furniture to stop the cat from scratching it.
  • Get rid of the tiny holes left along the hemline when you take out the hem of any garment by moistening a cloth with white distilled vinegar, placing it under the fabric and ironing.
  • Clean shower door tracks by filling them with white distilled vinegar and letting it sit for a few hours. Pour hot water into the tracks and wash and scrub away the scum with a toothbrush.
  • To make the toilet bowl sparkle, pour in a cup or more of diluted white distilled vinegar and let it sit several hours or overnight. Scrub well with a toilet brush and flush.
  • Soothe sunburn with a spray of white distilled vinegar, repeating as often as you like. Ice-cold white distilled vinegar will feel even better, and may prevent blistering and peeling.
  • Make nail polish last longer. Wipe fingernails with cotton balls dipped in white distilled vinegar before applying the nail polish.
  • Add moistness and taste to any chocolate cake, homemade or from a box, with a spoonful of white distilled vinegar.
  • Rid the windshield wipers of road grime by wiping them with a white distilled vinegar-soaked cloth.

Find out the other great uses for vinegar and FANTASTIC money management tips at the Debt Proof Living website.  Consider signing up for their free daily newsletter – it’s always got great tips, recipes, and more!

1 comment:

Kimberlee, The Spunky Diva said...

vinigar is a great thing. I always have a gallon in my cleaning supplies. You never know when it will come in handy!

Kimberlee, from www.TheSpunkyDiva.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails