Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, June 27, 2010

43: a ring thing

rings 2

I’m not sure if it’s the warmer weather, the humidity, or just the pregnancy progressing, but today I had to do something I abhor doing, especially with Craig away.

Motherhood

My beautiful wedding rings no longer fit comfortably on my finger.  Sure, I can get them on and off with some effort, but by the end of the day they’re approaching painful to remove so I know I have to stop wearing them before I’m unable to get them off. 

rings 3

Looking at my hands, they don’t really appear to be swollen (although I always have chubby fingers, so it might be hard to tell!), but something has changed to make it tough to wear these signs of my commitment. 

Craig bought me a tanzanite ring when we were on our honeymoon cruise, so I’m going to see if that one will fit in their place.  Craig had to leave his wedding ring behind (for the safety of the ring and himself while over there) so I’ll nestle mine up to his, and they’ll wait together for those 18 days in August that we get to spend together as a family.  His will have to go back into my jewellery box again when he goes back, but we will be in the final stretch of the deployment then, and it won’t be long until he is back for good and we can both proudly wear them. :)

rings 1

Since my rings are going away for a little while, I figured I would give them a bit of a photo shoot!

1 comment:

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

What a precious post. I'm so sorry that you have to take your rings off - but I love that your ring and Craig's will be spending time together. :)

I'm sorry if you already mentioned this and I just didn't see it - but will be be able to be home with you at all for the delivery or anytime there after?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails