Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Valentine's and Family Day!

Tomorrow is Family Day here in Canada, and I've got the day off. I've slowly been emptying out our back room in anticipation of the baby (and in the hopes of winning one of the prizes at I'm an Organizing Junkie), and I figured tomorrow would be a good day to invest some serious time into the matter.

I have to say I've been very lucky thus far in my pregnancy in terms of those yucky symptoms you can get. I haven't had any morning sickness, and otherwise an aversion to smells and a sensitive gag reflex, the first trimester was pretty easy (although I didn't find out until almost 9 weeks, so most of it was also spent in oblivion!). The last few weeks though, I have been struck with some serious exhaustion. After working all day, my biggest priority in the weekend is lying down on the couch, and I've been struggling with making healthy balanced meals that don't take more than 10-15 minutes effort.

Anyways, all that to say that my progress so far in the baby's room as been pretty limited. I've gotten rid of a few boxes (mostly empty ones...) but I've added more in recent purchases for the room. Tomorrow is hopefully going to help me get a good dent in sorting out what's in there and figuring out what we want to keep and put into storage and what should go to Goodwill.

My hubby sent me some beautiful flowers for Valentine's Day, and my sensitive pregnant nose is loving how much they fill the air with their scent now. I never noticed how strong a smell roses have, and it's almost like I've sprayed the air with air freshener! With mat leave coming up quickly, I guess it's a good time to start appreciating cheap thrills. :)

I'll hopefully update tomorrow night with my great successes.

Happy Valentine's Day!

1 comment:

Lucy Marie said...

I hope you had a successful day and made some progress on the room. I don't even want to begin thinking about that. We only have one spare room, so we have a LOT of rearranging and organizing to do. Yikes!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails