One of the things I was worried about for this pregnancy was the fact that we were COMPLETELY NEWBORN READY before we even conceived. I mean, there are things we could do to improve the nursery (ie. hang pictures on the walls), but anything a person would worry about getting in place before baby comes, we’ve already got.
And of course the second I found out we were having another boy I took all of the boy baby clothes out of their storage bags in the (nursery) closet and reorganized them. I’ll still have to wash them come month nine so that they are fresh and clean for the new baby, but otherwise, clothing prep is done. If I’m being completely honest, I never took any of the newborn clothes out of the dresser after Griffin died. The bigger clothes were easier than looking at and touching all of those cute little things we’d bought for him and that he was supposed to be wearing then. Going through it all again a couple weeks ago brought back another big cry fest. It’s still not fair.
But regardless, I am so excited to be expecting another baby, and I want to have projects to complete each week to help pass the time this pregnancy. So here is my list of 20 things to complete in the next 20 weeks! Not all of them are baby related, but a lot will make life easier for both while pregnant and with a newborn.
1. Cloth Diapers (DIY some new fitted covers and pocket diapers)
2. Reupholster Glider
3. Nursery closet shelving system
4. Nursery brag wall (newborn photos, birth details, shadow frames of all kiddos)
5. Curtains and valance
6. Artsy mobile
7. Name art
8. Baby brother/big sister shirts
9. Big sister nook in nursery
10. New baby carrier for me & play mei tai for Emily
11. Upholster master bed and headboard
12. Foam cushions for foyer bench
13. Toy storage in basement
14. Install fence and garden beds in backyard (Supervising!)
15. Cutesy camping trailer (new curtains, possibly new cushion covers)
16. Remove pond & sod hill
17. Arrange outdoor patio
18. Find plaque or stone for Griffins tree or garden.
19. Repaint/decorate guest/kids bathroom
20. Get really good at doing laundry in a timely manner.
A couple of these are up to the hubby to complete, with my assistance/guidance, especially the fence and pond removal. I’ve been digging up all of the plants around the pond myself, but all of the levelling and sodding will have to be up to him.
They also probably won’t be completed in this order. Outdoor/trailer stuff will likely all happen this month or the next, with a lot of the sewing projects happening as I need to slow it down a bit.