Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 16, 2012

guess who’s back. back again.

I know I’ve popped back in a couple of times saying that I’m going to start posting more regularly again (even once a week would be an accomplishment at this point), and I’m sorry I haven’t kept that promise.

Things in our personal life have gotten pretty busy between moving to a new house, taking care of two little boys at home for some extra income, and some other ‘projects’ I’ve been working on (more on that tomorrow), all with a husband who is away a lot for work.

The other reason I’ve been missing around here is a bit harder to explain.    Blogging seemed to lose some of it’s lustre for a while and it took some soul searching to figure out where (and if) I wanted this blog to go in the future.  Mostly, it was because of the following reasons:

One, some of the bigger bloggers seem to think that just because people regularly visit their blog they want to hear them judging other people, and criticizing the way others do things.  I’m not saying that I don’t sometimes have the judgies pop up when I see people doing things a certain way, but to put it on your blog or twitter is another thing.  My first instinct was to step away from blogging because I don’t want to be part of a community that does that, but as I’ve thought about it more over the past few months, I’ve come to realize that it shouldn’t matter what others do.  I should blog for me and be happy knowing that I behave differently. 

Another reason is that I took a job doing corporate blogging for a company, and besides the stress of posting three times a day over there, posting according to someone else’s editorial calendar and topics can make blogging pretty blah.  Preparing to get the house on the market and then packing it up for the move ended up being overwhelming with Craig away so much, so (to much relief) that job had to go, but it still took a little while to get my blogging mojo back.

All of that to say that I’ve been working through some problems with my attitude about blogging, and I’m back with hopefully more authenticity, more real-life, every day posts, and of course lots of new projects as we make this new house our home.

See you tomorrow with some updates about our first big project!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails