Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, January 30, 2012

13 weeks: the first of the bumpdates

DSC03357

                                 

Total Weight Gained/Loss? So far I’ve lost around 3lbs. Last time I was down 10lbs at this point, so I’m glad I’ve been able to keep my weight up this time. 

Maternity Clothes: I feel like I’m carrying a bit lower this time (so far), which may explain why I’ve needed to dig out my maternity pants already.  The only problem is that they keep falling of my hips while I’m walking since they were stretched out with my 9 month belly last time.  Hopefully in the next few weeks there will be a little to the bump to help keep them up.

Sleep: Hasn’t been to bad so far, but I’m slowly having to rotate off my stomach and onto my side.  The intense fatigue during the day has also started to go away, so I’m enjoying waking up feeling rested instead of unexplainably sleep deprived.

Best Moment of the Week?  We had two exciting things happen this week.  The first was hearing his little heartbeat (150 bpm) on the Doppler for the first time at the midwives office on Thursday. The midwife also did my measurements and told me that I should be feeling the baby move any time, since my uterus is sitting just below my belly button.

Movement? The second exciting things?  Feeling this baby move!  A couple times last night I thought I felt little flutters in there, and then while lying in bed reading, I felt a definite wiggle across the bottom of my tummy.  With Emily I didn’t feel anything until 18 weeks right on the dot, so feeling this one moving at 13 weeks is exciting.  I guess it means my placenta is out of the way again this time.

Cravings?  Salads and fruit (just like last time), chicken wings (again, a repeat), Chalet sauce, beer (obviously left unanswered), Sushi (spicy shrimp tempura) and anything Mexican.

Gender?  We won’t find out for another 5 or 6 weeks, but so far my intuition (and a few other sources) are telling me boy.  Hopefully it’s true, since I’ve been picking up some cute boy clothes the past few weeks!

Labour Signs? Nada.  I’m wondering if I’ll experience braxton hicks this time around though.  I guess we won’t know for another couple of months.

Belly Button? In.  It barely started popping out the last time, so I don’t expect to see it until the very end again.

What I miss? Beer (although I’m not normally a beer drinker).

What I'm looking forward to: Feeling more movement, and for the time when Emily started to notice my growing belly more.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails