Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Papaya Girl

I haven't given any updates on the pregnancy lately, so I figured tonight would be a good time. Tomorrow I will be 24 weeks along, which makes it 15 weeks until Craig comes home for leave, and around 16 weeks until we'll be meeting her for the first time. I think it comes in at around 112 days to go, but I've decided I won't start an official countdown until it gets down into the double digits.

This week, our girl is around a foot long, and weighs in at around 1.3 lbs; according to the Bump she's the size of a papaya, although it's said the same fruit for a couple of weeks now. She's still pretty tiny in reference to newborn size, but in two weeks, she'll have an 80% chance of survival if she's born a little early. I can't tell you how reassuring that statistic is.

She still seems to hang out pretty low in my belly most of the time, but I've felt a flutter or two on my ribs, so it won't be too long before things start getting cramped for both of us. I never measured my belly in the beginning, so I can't really tell you how much its grown, however I can no longer see my feet, so it's had some significant growth in the past few weeks!



This is the one and only bare belly shot you'll get, as I have a feeling it's not too pretty to look at from here on out, with the impending stretch marks and all.

2 comments:

Lucy Marie said...

You look great! Thanks for the update.

Mandi @ Sweetly Home said...

I loved the update too. A papaya. How cute. :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails